Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:24:01 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD SCSI list <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0R && AHA1540A == no go

In message <19981222173104.28962@uriah.heep.sax.de> J Wunsch writes:
: This machine has one of the nowadays rare pieces of an AHA1540*A*
: controller, which used to run well (as well as such an old part could
: do) until now.

First, you'll want to try 3.0-current rather than 3.0 release.  Many
changes to the probing and other things have gone into the aha driver.

Second, you may be sol.  It is my understanding that residuals are not
updated on the 1540A and CAM would not properly work.

If you have a driver that is approaching functionality, you should see
the message:
	aha0: Warning: aha-1542A won't likely work.
when you boot.

CCB opcode code 3 isn't supported on the *A*.  I've not looked into
the effort taken to use the non-residual version in the driver.
INITIATOR_CCB_WRESID is being used when INITIATOR_CCB should be used
instead.  Likewise with SG_CCB vs SG_CCB_WRESID.

Warner