Date:      Tue, 08 Sep 1998 11:57:28 +0100
From:      Gary Hall <gary.hall@mcg-graphics.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Apache problem on FreeBSD 2.2.6

I have installed Apache 1.3 on FreeBSD 2.2.6 and it's been running
successfully for a month or so. Now I want to add user authentification
but I have deleted all Apache files except for httpd, httpd.conf,
access.conf and srm.conf. When I type in htpasswd I get command not
found.

I don't want to have to install Apache again - how can I get htpasswd to
work. I tried copying the htpasswd file from another machine but that
didn't work and also copying across the htpasswd.c file across but this
didn't work.

Any one have any ideas

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

--

Gary Hall
Management Information Systems Manager