Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:42:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Javier Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape drive oddities

Greetings,

	I recently picked up a Digital DLT drive (the exact
model number is TH4AA).

	I tried it with FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE and an Adaptec AHA1510A and
it works fine.

	I then switched to an AHA 1542C and things got funky. No
matter what argument I used for -b, writes always failed one byte
short of the block size. For example, if I did:

tar -c -b 10240 /usr

	I would get an error message about only 10239 bytes being
written.

	I put the AHA1510A back on, and the thing works fine.

	Any ideas?

-jav