Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2017 18:05:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        vbox@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mouse in guest FreeBSD not clicking

Hello!

I run a FreeBSD/i386 guest inside Virtual Box running on Windows
10.  PAE-mode is enabled.

	. virtualbox-ose-additions are installed and
	  configured to load at boot.
	. My ~/.xinitrc begins with VBoxClient-all.
	. I do NOT have EFI enabled.
	. I am NOT using HAL.
	. VirtualBox is configured to emulate PS/2 mouse --
	  and psm0 is detected at boot.

I have the mouse-integration mostly working in X11 -- the mouse
(vboxmouse) moves around and is not "captured".

However, the guest sees none of the clicks -- neither the regular
ones, nor the double clicks. I can switch focus from one window to
another by simply moving the mouse, but I can't invoke any menus
nor select a text to clipboard.

Searching online I can see plenty of people (and not just FreeBSD
users) asking about this problem, but no meaningful answers.

Is there a trick to it?

Thank you! Yours,

	-mi