Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 05:50:22 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI system becomes broken in -current?

> >I have
> >ahc0: <Adaptec 284X SCSI host adapter> at 0x1c00-0x1cff irq 11 on eisa0 slot 1
> >ahc0: aic7770 >= Rev E, Single Channel, SCSI Id=7, 4 SCBs
> >ahc0: target 0 Tagged Queuing Device
> >(ahc0:0:0): "CONNER CFP1060S 1.05GB 2135" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
> >sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 1013MB (2074880 512 byte sectors)
>
> Do you have the required firmware upgrade for this drive that makes tagged
> queuing work correctly with it?  The driver is a bit faster then it was
> before and I don't know exactly what it was about this drive that makes it
> go out to lunch, but it wouldn't surprise me if getting transactions too
> quickly caused you problems.  I do not know where you can get the firmware
> upgrade from.  I tried www.conner.com, but Seagate has that now...

Tagged queuing always work with it before recent days. I don't know about
any firmware upgrade needed for this drive. BTW, it is almost impossible
to get firmware upgrade in Russia or snail mail will costs so much money as
compared to new device price.
How do you know that firmware upgrade needed for this drive?
Could you please resend me your sources?

Needless to say that it works OK under Win95.
I mention this fact because we need to put some warning about
firmware upgrade needed for this drive, or we'll have many users
complaints, this model is very popular at least in Russia.

Could you please add device flags to turn tagged queuing on per-drive basis
instead on for whole controller? My second drive is new IBM disk which
works well with tagged queueing and I not want to turn it off for this drive
too.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.ru>