Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:15:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum(?) strange behaviour (4.4-PRE)

Hello,

I see some strange behaviour of (not necessarily) vinum on my machine:

When returning to multiuser mode after a shutdown to single user mode
I get a page fault after vinum has updated its tables from the array
disks.

This is absolutely reproducable. I'm not shure if it's a 4.4-PRE Issue,
but at least, it happens now.

Can anybody confirm this?

BTW: I have my /usr/obj on a vinum RAID5-volume and it works perfectly
stable! Only this shutdown-restart sequence is in the moment an absolute
No-No....

Ciao/BSD - Matthias