Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:20:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mohsin Rahman <mtech@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mount Problem

I have a mounted directory from Unix System V Release 3.2 to a
FreeBSD3.2 box as /junk. Things are OK. But when I try to set

chown -R nobody trash   under /junk, I get:

chown: trash: Invalid argument

I didnt have this problem with FreeBSD2.2.5, its only after I
did a fresh install of 3.2, that I got this message. The same
/junk is exported to a few other FreeBSD3.2 boxes, and there
is no error generated and the chown command works just fine.

All of these machines are NIS clients, and if I issue

chown -R valid_nis_login trash

things are chownd to that valid_nis_login.

Any pointers how I go about solving this? Any other info I
should provide?

Mohsin AbdulRahman
MTech@BuffNET.Net