Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:28:50 +0100
From:      Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Art Mason <amason@rackspace.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i945 support in 6.X

Art Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 10:12, Vince wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 	Searching in google for info on freebsd support for the i945 PCI
>> express card lead me to
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2006-May/003511.html
>>
>> Is there any news on when this will be MFCed or a patch for 6.x I could
>> try anywhere?
>>
>> Vince
>
> Hmmm, not sure if this is what you're looking for, but mine is working w/o
> issue on this workstation (Dell OptiPlex GX520):
>
> FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE
>
> 'lspci -v' reports the following:
>
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 945G/GZ Express Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>         Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01ad
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>         Memory at feb80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
>         Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
>
> Let me know if you would like a copy of my xorg.conf for reference.
>
> Cheers.
I'd be more interested in your kernel conf.
from pciconf -lv I have

hostb0@pci0:0:0:        class=0x060000 card=0x01d81028 chip=0x27a08086
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    class    = bridge
    subclass = HOST-PCI
none0@pci0:2:0: class=0x030000 card=0x01d81028 chip=0x27a28086 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA
none1@pci0:2:1: class=0x038000 card=0x01d81028 chip=0x27a68086 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    class    = display
and
[17:14:58:~]
(jhary@prawn)$dmesg | grep -i agp
[17:15:04:~]
(jhary@prawn)$

So as you see no agp, but its in my kernel.

[~](17:17:34)
{root@prawn}#grep -i agp /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/PRAWN6
device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets
[~](17:17:45)
{root@prawn}#

I'm running a couple of week old stable.

{root@prawn}#uname -a
FreeBSD prawn.unsane.co.uk 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #4: Mon Aug 21
11:44:01 BST 2006
toor@prawn.unsane.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PRAWN6  i386
[~](17:25:28)
{root@prawn}#

Any suggestions welcome.
Wouldnt mind a copy of the xorg.conf anyway if thats ok.

Thanks,
Vince