Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2012 20:45:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        onyx@z-up.ru
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: powerd to use sysctl to import temps to drop freq to avoid heat	crash

On Jan 3, 2012, at 6:38 PM, Dmitry Kolosov wrote:

>=20
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 67.0C
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 90.0C
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: 95.0C
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 100.0C
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: 2
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: 3
>> 	hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: 40
>=20
> Use=20
> hw.acpi.thermal.user_override=3D1
> in sysctl.conf to allow override of thermal settings. Now you can set =
custom=20
> _PSV, _HOT and _CRIT. Worked well for me on my previous HP Pavilion =
dv6 series=20
> laptop.=20
> More complex resolution of overheating problem - consider to sell HP =
asap and=20
> get any other laptop. HP totaly failed on cooling on almost all =
models, they=20
> are all hothothot.

I fought for two years the overheading of my HP laptop.  Some of the =
following might help, or they might not:

(1) blow the dust out of the dang thing.  HP's clog up with dust making =
their fans about useless.
(2) make sure the fans are spinning at full speed.
(3) replace any broken fans
(4) give up and get a different computer...  that's what I did in the =
end (although not until after the power board went out on the goofy =
thing).

Warner