Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:46:08 -0800
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>
To:        "'Hamilton Hoover'" <hamilton@twopoint.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: dual homed gateway system running ipfw and nat. need rules help.

Hamilton,

You sound like you are on the right track with your firewall line, and yes,
it does open up that port...You might consider stateful rules to tighten
things up a bit (man ipfw).

For mpd, you'll need something like this in your ruleset to get it going.

    # Allow connections on pptp.
	$fwcmd add pass tcp from any 1723 to any 1024-65535 out xmit $oif
	$fwcmd add pass tcp from any 1024-65535 to any 1723 in recv $oif
	$fwcmd add pass 47 from any to any out xmit $oif
	$fwcmd add pass 47 from any to any in recv $oif

the mpd-netgraph port is very well documented (just install the port and
have a look in these directories:

/usr/ports/net/mpd-netgraph/work/mpd-3.0/doc/mpd.html
and
/usr/ports/net/mpd-netgraph/work/mpd-3.0/README

Hope this helps!

Peter Brezny
SysAdmin Services Inc.