Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:24:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@cdrom.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VNC on FreeBSD  (fwd)

Hiho chaps, you would probably know how to answer this one.

I just committed a port for the VNC system from ORL, which uses
56-bit DES for password encryption.  Interestingly, the code
was developed in the UK, but the DES sources were obtained from
the USA.

I asked the ORL people whether it was legitimate to export this
code again (because it would be nice to have the distfiles and
a package on the CD, especially because the Java module needs
the JDK to build).  Their response is below - are they on the
beam here, or would I be shooting us in the foot if I believed
it?

Thanks.