Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:17:22 +0200
From:      "G. Brand" <htw8864@informatik.htw-dresden.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange problem with answering function of isdnd

Hi.

I am having a shuttle fv24 board (flex atx) with a fritz!pci card (version
1) in the single pci slot, a teledat usb network adapter for a dsl modem
and freebsd 4.7. And a strange problem.

I planned on using the isdn card to turn the box into an answering machine
for incoming calls. For the last few years my sister used this card to surf
in the net, so I know the card is fine. Before that I used it for internet
access with freebsd on a pentium 133. Setting up isdnd was no problem, I
recorded some message on another pc.

Now if I call myself or somebody else calls me, the pre-recorded message
plays and the person speaks whatever they have to say.
But the recorded result is really chopped up. Like one out of 2 seconds is
missing.

I tried to change the blocksize from 2k to 4k in the isdntel.sh, but that
didn't help. I also unplugged the telephone so the isdn card would be alone
on the bus and call me over my cellphone. Nope. Connecting the power cord
of the NTBA (usually running it w/o since all the stuff has own power cords
anyway) didn't help. I am kinda out of clues now...

Any help would be appreciated (especially since the playback of the
greeting message works!)

Gunnar.

#==============================================================================
# entry section: answering machine
#==============================================================================
entry
name                    = I4BTEL        # name for reference
usrdevicename           = tel           # ipr, tel, rbch
usrdeviceunit           = 0             # unit number
isdncontroller          = 0             # controller to use or -1 to use any
isdnchannel             = -1            # channel (1/2) to use or 0 or -1
for any
local-phone-incoming    = xxxx       # this is my number
remote-phone-incoming   = * 	#anyone can call in
dialin-reaction         = answer        # accept, reject, ignore, answer
answerprog              = isdntel.sh    # program to run
alert                   = 10            # wait 10 seconds before picking up
#idletime-incoming       = 0
direction               = in            # only incoming is possible
b1protocol              = raw           # hdlc, raw

--- always being funny sucks. ---
mail: bastel@vantage.ch