Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2022 11:39:57 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Policy for future importing of openzfs on stable branches?

Hi.
I'm asking here as it relates with stable branches.

Currently, openzfs is imported to FreeBSD as...
 main     : Chase openzfs/main
 stable/13: Chase openzfs/zfs-2.1-release.

Now, stable/14 branch is planned at May 12, 2023 [1].

Does future stable/14 keep chasing openzfs/main?
Or switch at some point new release branch of openzfs is created from
their main (assuming it's AFTER our stable/14 branch)?
Or, at worst, switch to openzfs/zfs-2.1-release (go backward) at
some point?

I `zpool upgrade` only at the point ZFS codes of main and latest
stable/* 100% matches. So it affects whether I can `zpool upgrade` or
current status is the last pool features I can have.

Regards.

[1] https://www.freebsd.org/releases/14.0R/schedule/

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>