Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:10:42 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        JT <luser@ahab.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2 STABLE: libssl.so undef: sk_X509_NAME_value

JT wrote:

> mod_ssl tends to be sensitive to (non-bugfix) changes in openssl and
> they should usually be kept in sync.  Since openssl is now in the
> source tree you will probably want to delete any openssl port before
> rebuilding.

You can say that again. Went into the *13-modssl port's ssl subdir,
deleted the *lo and *so (well, mvd to BACKUP/ actually :), gave
a make and copied the new one to the designated libexec directory.

apachectrl startssl worked forthwith!

Makes me think about a) that missing line I found, could be my
eyesight who knows? and b) what more ports might suffer from this
very same problem. With which I'm not referring to potential eye
problems but to sensitivities to openssl changes.

Roelof

PS I'll not put in a PR since by now I'm not sure about the state
prior to my patching. Kris'll probably read this sooner or later
anyway.

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.
Nisser home -- http://www.Nisser.com/