Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:30:17 -0700
From:      JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        Johannes Hofmann <meinedienste@gmx.de>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 faster!?

> I just upgraded from 4.6 Release to -STABLE (Jun 27 21:42:28).
> My X feels much snappier now. Any ideas what might cause that?

I'm curious about your mouse configuration.  Are you using:

    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "auto"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"

I remember hearing that certain other configurations could result in missing
mouse interrupts.  This would definitely result in slowness.

Also, is the server you're using now accelerated, whereas the previous
wasn't?

-jj

--
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate's form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how