Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 10:54:45 -0500
From:      "PostMaster" <postmaster@westbend.net>
To:        "Matthew Emmerton" <memmerto@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Frontpage 98 Server Extensions

From: Matthew Emmerton <memmerto@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>

>I recently got FreeBSD-2.2.6 running, and downloaded the most recent MS
>Frontpage Server extensions (version 3.0.4 according to the tarball I got)
>for BSD/OS 3.0 from the Microsoft site.
>
>However, I noticed a couple of problems that would be worthwhile to
mention.

>First, the fp_install.sh script (obviously) doesn't support FreeBSD and
dies
>horribly.
>So, rename the distribution to fp30.freebsd.tar.gz, and patch the
>fp_install.sh with fpext-3.0.4-freebsd-fp_install-patch.

It probably better not to rename the distribution, but to just add the check
for freebsd to the BSD check.

>Also, the huge patchfile that patches Apache 1.2.5 contains a mistake (for
>bsdi users) and (of course) needs to be fixed up for us FreeBSD users.

1. You shouldn't be patching a patch file, as it is hard to keep track of
the patches.

2. The patch for the RAND_CMD, in mod_frontpage.c, shouldn't use
"(__FreeBSD__)", but should use "(defined(BSD) & BSD > 199103)" instead.
Makes the patch more general so that NetBSD & OpenBSD users can use the same
patch.

>I have submitted this information to RTR and (hopefully) they'll include
>some of it in the next release of the extensions.

All of the above changes are already included in the Apache-FP port. Plus
additional patches for the shtml.dll - shtml.exe problem, Encryption Problem
(when des not installed, passwords created by fpsrvadm.exe don't work).

The port is currently, going through the process of being submitted to the
ports collection (see pr 4878).

The port for apache v1.26 is available from
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp

A port for apache v1.3b6 is also available from
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/beta.html

Scot