Date:        Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:38:41 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Richard Cotrina <rcc@demo.telefonica.com.pe>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTR+ALT+DEL Sequence

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 02:43:42PM -0500, Richard Cotrina wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I found out that anyone can force a shutdown in my FreeBSD box using the
> CTR+AL+DEL Keyboard Sequence at the console. I don't know if it is a bug ,
> but I would like to know if there is something to fix or block this keyboard
> sequence.  I am running a FreeBSD 3.4-Release Box.
>
> However, It doesn't happen when the console is in graphic (X-Win) mode ,
> only works in character mode.
>
> Any points would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

It's not a bug, it is a feature of the syscons driver.
There are basically two ways to change this.
One is to go into /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/ and find the file
corresponding to the keymap you use and change any 'boot' entries there to
somthing else (like 'nop').
(This variant is in the FAQ. You did read that first, didn't you :-)

The other is to add the line
options         SC_DISABLE_REBOOT       # disable reboot key sequence

to your kernel config file and then recompile the kernel.