Date:      Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:52:45 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Michael Hostbaek <mich@freebsdcluster.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, kde@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Re: kdebase3.0.2 build is breaking

The following is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message
created by Enigmail/Mozilla, following RFC 2440 and RFC 2015
--------------enig9EA360DC709990260FD56994

Robert Watson wrote:
> Well, with the exception of a problem where KDE can't render .gif files
> without going into a tight loop.  Will mentioned yesterday that this might
> be the result of a nasty compiler interaction involving gcc 3.1 and
> libungif, but the upshot is that most web pages hang the web browser.

I posted a patch against the qt30 port to this and the
freebsd-current-ML some time ago that made it depend on and use the
gcc31 from the ports, which fixed the GIF-renderhang for me, but I just
had a report that this didn't work out for someone - which could be due
to the fact that the gcc31 from ports has been updated in the meantime
(progress is good, isn't it). You might want to try it anyway, and if it
doesn't work out, recompile qt-30 without "-qt-gif" in the
CONFIGURE_ARGS line, which will disable GIF-rendering completely and at
least stop the hanging.

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock
"The circumstance ends uglily in the cruel result." - Babelfish

--------------enig9EA360DC709990260FD56994