Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:59:08 +0000
From:      Olafur Osvaldsson <oli@isnic.is>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5 Transfer in progress

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, jason andrade wrote:

> to the other mirrors who are going to grab this - can i suggest
> you *dont* make them publicly available yet (change permissions on
> directories if you are downloading it..):

If we would change the perms locally then rsync would allways reset it when
it runs from cron.

I would suggest that if we are not supposed to release something yet the admins
of ftp-master.freebsd.org would set the permissions accordingly, so that the
rsync/cvsup process could read it but group and others not, then atleast rsync
would mirror these permissions correctly (don't know about cvsup) and then
maybe an hour or two before release the permissions would be changed at the
master, and if freebsd-hubs would be told in advance when this would happen
then we could have an at script fix the perms or kick the rsync process.

				Oli

--
Olafur Osvaldsson
Systems Administrator