Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 14:33:43 +0700 (ICT)
From:      pirat sriyotha <pirat@center.oaep.go.th>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lyx: LaTeX did not work

hi,

i am trying my first LyX, the first thing is just to put some text in the
new document and view dvi. i get an alert popup that says LaTeX did not
work, missing log file file-name.tex, assuming that file-name.lyx is my
saved file.

can anyone suggest me what to do next in order to view document without
error ?

i have never used TeX or LaTeX before.  this is really my first expereince
with TeX and/or LaTeX through LyX.

any help and hints are welcome and appreciated.

Pirat Sriyotha
pirat@center.oaep.go.th