Date:      21 Dec 1999 01:32:54 -0700
From:      Dale Hagglund <rdh@best.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: when is it safe to use the 0xa0ffa0ff disk flags?

I guess my main concern was that I could end up destroying the data on
my disks if I experimented with these values, but it didn't sound as
though that's the case.

So, I went ahead and played around with the flags, first by changing
them during boot up, and then rebuilding the kernel.  I went from
about 4.1 MB/s for both reads and writes to 12.3 MB/s for reads and
9.8 MB/s for writes.

Thanks to all who replied...

Dale.