Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 10:33:56 +0200
From:      Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail and m4

After reading O'Reillys sendmail book I am more confused than ever and
would like to have some help configuring it ( via the m4 technique ).

Some facts:

our internal emailadresses are like this : x.x@plymovent.se and is
stored on our ISPs machine. I want to use fetchmail to grab them down
(this part already works).

Our internal domain (dummydomain) is .malmoe.plymovent, and my
firewallmachine (testmachine for sendmail right now too) is
nexus.malmoe.plymovent.

I have defined the obvious entries in my m4 file such as :

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)
MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

but where do I go from here if I want the clients (NT/95) on the
internal network, to be able to send information (mail) to sendmail and
have it deliver it to the ISP? I can understand some form of
masquerading is required but how and what?

In the feature we will have the MX record pointing at our own machines,
but that is not an option until we change our ISDN to something more
"steady".

Regards,

Thomas Uhrfelt

Computer Technician              ... Hooked on FreeBSD ...
PlymoVent AB                             www.freebsd.org

thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se
http://www.plymovent.se