Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 22:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Rose <rose@dml.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI Diamond Stealth Video dram on 1.1.5.1

I'm trying to use a Diamond Stealth Video Dram card on an Asus P55TP4XE
on the PCI bus.  I'm just trying to use it in normal VGA mode.  During
boot, I get a message that indicates that the card was found as
graphics0.  The next line is this:

ptdi 1ad063, va f3c00000

Then a '>' on a line by itself, then the boot stops.

Looking around a little, I discovered that this message is probably being
issued by /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/pmap.c.  The problem seems to be an
invalid page directory table entry.  I'm not really able to troubleshoot
this unless it's pretty obvious.  Is there a relatively simple fix for
this or does this mean that I need go to a newer version of FreeBSD?  I
was going to wait for the release of 2.1.  Thanks.

Steve Rose