Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 14:30:37 -0500
From:      mar7@cec.wustl.edu (Matt Rosenberg)
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Adaptec 2742W's

>>Adaptec actually recommends using the same IRQ if the two cards are the
>>model (which they are here).  When trying the same IRQ, I've been using IRQ
>>11.  When using the separate IRQ's, I've been using 11 and 12.  I've checked
>>closely for possible conflicts, but they do not exist.  From the very
>>beginning I've had the BIOS disabled for the second adaptor.
>
>And I tell you that FreeBSD does not support haveing them on the same
>IRQ.  They must be different.

I've tried using IRQ 11 for the first and IRQ 12 for the second and leaving
the 'conflicts' keyword _OUT_ of the second device line, but I have the same
exact problem.  The kernel probes the bus on each adaptor correctly, and
then continues correctly until the end of the device probing, but locks up
before doing anything else.
Matt Rosenberg
Washington University School of Law
St. Louis, MO, USA