Date:      03 Mar 2003 02:41:39 -0800
From:      Mike Brown <mwbrown@halfzero.net>
To:        Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

Nope,

I found that if I completely power off, then power back on, it fixes it
for a little while.  But once it gets to hot, the fan comes on and it
slows way down.  I'm trying to build a new kernel right now without apm,
it's taking forever though.

-Mike

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 02:07, Richard Arends wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2003, Mike Brown wrote:
>
> Mike,
>
> > I have a problem with my processor.  I'm running 5.0-Release on a Dell
> > Inspiron 8200.  It was working fine up until the other day when
> > everything just slowed way down.  I wasn't quite sure what was going on,
> > so I booted into windows (it's a dual boot machine) and looked to see if
> > the problem persisted.  It did, I checked My Computer -> Properties and
> > it said my 2.00GHz Pentium 4-Mobile chip was running at 717MHz :(  I
> > don't know how to go about fixing it, and can't seem to find anything on
> > the web about it.  If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Working on battery??
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.
>
> ----
> Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:
>
> Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
> the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
> used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
> are neither friendly nor smart.

"yayyy brainz" - lots of people :)

"Your buttons click nice." - Rok

"Those are Jesus sandals. I'm not Jesus!" - Rok

"...and then you realize god gave you a penis and a brain, but only
enough blood to use one at a time..." - robin williams