Date:      Mon, 04 Jan 1999 12:21:51 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New boot blocks for serial console ...

> They will guarantee that you will not get access to anything in
> the computer.  Last perimeter will inject 220V (mains) through
> vital bits of the computer (including your flash disk) if broken.

I'm curious how many codicils there are in their contract about
"tamper-proof", however.  Let's suggest, for example, that the mains
power is cut first and then the box is carefully breached by someone
highly skilled at bomb disposal and the disabling of anti-handling
devices and such.  If they can remove the flash disk, they've pretty
effectively compromised the data if not the machine's ongoing
operations.  Is that specifically excluded by their contract, or
what exactly?

- Jordan