Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
Cc:        Josh <jastrckl@LATTE.MEMPHIS.EDU>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@openbsd.org, freebsd-audio@FreeBSD.ORG, editor@daemonnews.org
Subject:   Re: festival-1.4.0 + mbrola (state of the art speech synth) ported to NetBSD

On 14 Oct 1999, Julian Assange wrote:

> Josh <jastrckl@LATTE.MEMPHIS.EDU> writes:
>
> > "More lines of code than emacs!"
> > is this really something to brag about?

At least it works, and it's public.  I really get steamed at the French
MBROLA folks who somehow justify keeping their code private by saying
they're helping the research by doing this.  They say on their site they
have a FreeBSD version, but it's not so.

I can't follow that.

> Who said I was bragging ;)

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)