Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:14:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de (Thomas Gellekum)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, kline@thought.org, tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: build of teTeX stalled

According to Thomas Gellekum:
> asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) writes:
>
> >  * 	I'll remove the earlier one in /usr/bin; but this doesn't
> >  * 	explain the date of the files in /usr/local/info.
> >
> > That's some other port putting it there.  Probaby teTeX's own.
>
> Yup. I always delete those after installing teTeX. The problem is that
> our install-info and info have some additions which are necessary for
> `make world'.

	That explains it.  I've been bitten by having duplicates
	of a binary at least once before.  The perl (perl4) binary
	is in /usr/bin; my checkbook port, ccb, requires perl5.

	A script might be a solution; especially to catch things
	such as this.

	gary

--
  Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix