Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:01:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Noses <noses@noses.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Purchasing a new laptop...advice?

Let's cut the crap a bit...

Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de <jhs@jhs.muc.de> wrote:
> Are you _In_ Germany to be authoratitive ?

Would being in a certain plcae cause the truth to be truer?

The last one I remember using that argument was Jesus Monroy jr...

> One might claim some are standards, & some are merely usages, but that
> would be unconvincing, merely degenerating to "What's a tandard' ?"

Ever heard of the DIN (yes, that's the guys who defined the DIN
connector...)? Yes, those are the people who define the standards.

Besides: What do Swiss German layouts have to do with German layouts? It's
like claiming that Mexican "standards" have to be valid in certain parts of
the USA.

> I've been in Germany 16 years, but I'm British, & avoid German keyboards
> where possible.

Ah - you're expanding you knowledge by avoiding gatting to close to the
tings you're talking about...

> If you'r German, Austrian or Swiss, & have worked on a wide
> variety of different German hardware, you might know more,

So a non-German isn't able to gain deeper insight into German keyboards?
*rotfl*

>         "Es gibt mindestens Zwei verschiedener Deutsche Tastatur Belegungen,
>          soweit ich verstehe."

Und dass Du nichts verstehst, ist ziemlich offensichtlich - noch nicht
einmal die Tatsache, dass Wissen ueber Grammatik, Syntax und Orthographie
die Wahrheit auch nicht wahrer machen.

I thought I'd never meet someone who claims truth depended on nationality
but it's pretty obvious they still didn't all get run over by evolution.

Noses.