Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 18:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Streamlogic RAID array benchmarks

 * >Just FYI, we've seen close to 30MB/s with ccd (no mirroring).  You
 * >need two 2940?W's (or one 3940?W) and at least four disks though.
 *
 * Just for our edification, what kind of CPU did you use?
 *
 * Also For Everyones' Information, you won't get close to that on a real
 * filesystem unless you use a Pentium or better.

Yeah, it's a P5 (133MHz).  We got pretty much the same result with the
P6 (200MHz) too (which is kinda surprising, given that their memory
system is so much slower).

Satoshi

P.S. http://now.cs.berkeley.edu/Td/bcopy.html for more on the memory thing.