Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 12:38:26 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   New port just sent in

I have just "portized" my HomeDaemon software that provides home automation
control.

It does have an *external* requirement that I cannot include in the port
(Dan Lancini's CM11A driver) but that should not be a huge deal.

Enjoy - this package has been running my house for the last eight months or
so and is widely distributed around the net.  Putting it in "port" format
should make it easier for FreeBSD-heads to use.

Note that it DOES have "no commercial sale without permission" and "no
package" restrictions (the second due to manual configuration demands
that prevent building a package from being "correct", although it could
be hacked to be "successful")

I've also deliberately NOT had the install target overwrite running binaries
(yes, I know you can move the old one out of the way and get around this)
because a rebuild risks a change in the shared segment size which WILL
reliably cause the software to act VERY odd.

I hope this port is of use to some folks!

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!