Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:13:08 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/119660: multimedia/player: doesn't play .rm files

>Number:         119660
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       multimedia/player: doesn't play .rm files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD hades.panopticon 7.0-RC1 FreeBSD 7.0-RC1 #0: Sat Jan 5 03:26:52 MSK 2008 root@hades.panopticon:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HADES i386

Not long ago, I've noticed that mplayer stopped playing .rm (realmedia) files. Not sure after what it happened, but it surely worked on 7.0-BETA about a month ago. After that I've cvsupped and rebuilt world and kernel, ran make delete-old and make delete-old-libs and rebuilt mplayer and xserver ports (along with some x libraries).

Rebuilding mplayer and win32-codecs ports didn't solve the problem.
>How-To-Repeat:

--- mplayer-realvid.log begins here ---
MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz (Family: 15, Model: 1, Stepping: 2)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
This codecs.conf is too old and incompatible with this MPlayer release! at line 6

Playing ./season 01 episode 02.rm.
REAL file format detected.
Stream description: Audio Stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
[real] Audio stream found, -aid 0
Stream description: Video Stream
Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-realvideo
[real] Video stream found, -vid 1
Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
VIDEO:  [RV40]  320x240  24bpp  29.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 copyright: (C) 2002
 comment:
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
Error: Shared object "libstdc++.so.5" not found, required by "drvc.so"
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.so.
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: drvc.so, /usr/local/lib/win32/drvc.so, /usr/lib/win32/drvc.so
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
Error loading dll
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drvc.dll.
Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: drvc.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/drvc.dll, /usr/lib/win32/drvc.dll
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
--- mplayer-realvid.log ends here ---

Zsh then says `mplayer: invalid system call' and mplayer dies.