Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:23:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump / soft updates interaction?

I deleted some files immediately before dumping a filesystem.  When I
checked the dump with "restore rN" I got several "cannot find
directory inode xxx" messages.  I dumped again, and the dump file
was slightly smaller and produced no such messages.

Is this likely to be caused by soft updates in effect making the
filesystem active for some time after making changes?

-- Richard