Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:42:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving Things [was Re: List of things to move from main tree]

:Right!
:
:We currently split the OS into two classes; src and ports. For a long
:time now I have had an idea for more of a continuum, and less of a
:dividing line.
:
:Basically it is this:
:
:The src and ports remain, but get redefined in a rather extreme way:

    I don't think this is possible.  One of the biggest differences between
    src and ports is that src is audited to a much higher degree then
    ports.  Ports is virtually unaudited.  There is no continuum to speak
    of and I see no continuum on the horizon.

    Shoot, and I said the last posting was my last word.  Ok, THIS posting
    is my last word!

						-Matt