Date:      Tue, 3 May 2022 09:08:20 +0200
From:      "Ewout1 (Excite/BlueTie)" <ewout1@bluetiehome.com>
To:        Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On what days are the git servers available to obtain the ports tree?

<tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>=20
> Hello.
>=20
> I'm a maintainer too :)
> Probably, git is difficult for maintainers to keep the following =
conditions.
>=20
> # git status --show-stash --
> On branch main
> Your branch is up to date with 'origin/main'.
> .
> nothing to commit, working tree clean
>=20
> To clean it up without cloning, we will have to make full use of the =
following commands, which are listed here.
>=20
> # git stash push --all -- :/
> # git stash pop
> # git pull --autostash --rebase --prune --
> # git reset --soft origin --
> # git checkout HEAD -- :/
> # git restore --source=3DHEAD --staged -- :/
> # git clean -d --force -X -- :/
>=20

this seems like mental torture.It perfectly illustrates why one should =
be sceptical  about git. Keep in mind that git advocates at FreeBSD say =
that SVN is not =E2=80=9Csuitable=E2=80=9D anymore. SVN may have its =
drawbacks, but Torvalds=E2=80=99 brainchild is more screwed up if you =
ask me.

Ewout Boks