Date:      26 Feb 1999 16:12:11 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Michael <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: perllocal.pod

Michael <mharo@area51.fremont.ca.us> writes:

> How do I remove a port from
> /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach/perllocal.pod.  I noticed that this
> file was modified by the port I'm working on fixing.  Is this normal
> or do I need to work on the port some more?  Other than this I think
> everything works fine.

If you would like your port (perl module, I assume) not to modify
perllocal.pod during the installation, use make pure_install instead
of make install (I mean make for Makefile generated with perl
Makefile.PL, not the base Makefile for a port).

Other than that, you cannot do much about it - the deinstallation of
Perl packages is very broken in Perl.  Most (if not all) of the
existing Perl-related ports ignore this issue.

--
Anton Berezin <tobez@plab.ku.dk>
The Protein Laboratory, University of Copenhagen