Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 1995 22:19:35 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs fails to remove no-longer-present files

> >The new cvs apparently has a bugfeature of checking out old things from
> >the Attic when there are references to the old things in CVS/Entries
> >This is inconsistent with the old cvs, and breaks ctm, which doesn't
> >export CVS/*.
>
>    Oh! I haven't switched to using the new cvs yet...that explains it.
>    Peter?

The new version of cvs removes files than the older binary (which is
still used on freefall).  The new version of CVS has 'death-support',
which allows you to bring stuff in-out of the Repository w/out moving
things in/out of the Attic.  I'm not sure how to fix this other than to
upgrade the version of CVS on freefall to the new version, and make sure
all the developers also upgrade to it at the same time.

(It would probably be good for the developers to upgrade to the newer
version of rcs as well)

Nate