Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 1995 10:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BT946 4.25J firmware. anyone got it working?

> In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:
>
> >If you get it to work, both me and BusLogic technical support would like
> >to know exactly what motherboard you are using and other information
> >about your configuration.
>
> >I have yet to get the bt946E/4.92E/4.25J to work longer than 10 minutes
> >in anything I have here.  BusLogic suspects I have a bad card (it was
> >brand new direct from them on the VAR program :-() so they are shipping
> >me another which should be due in any day.
>
> Strange, it works just peachy in all of our Micron's, and Compaq's..

Did you bt946 come from Micron.  They have worked extensivly with BusLogic
to make the boards work with there motherboard, and I think in doing so
they have broken it badly for most of the rest of us.  Micron systems
either require a special revision D board, or the new revision E board.

Micron will not support you if you have any other revision.  This information
came from my contact at BusLogic.  Also the revision is MB version dependent,
and certain Micron boards absolutly require the odd ball revision D board
or forget it.