Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 96 16:40:42 MET
From:      Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
To:        ozge@rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Your untitled mail

Ozge Uncu writes:
>    I am new FreeBSD user and I have some problems during configuring
> system.I have installed FreeBSD onto a server from CDROM but when I came
> to the configuring network applications I faced with some problems.Some
> error messages appeared when I wanted to install NFS packages.Shortly it
> could not find necessary packages.

Well, there are plenty of people out here more than willing to help,
but we need to know what problems you have experienced.  In
particular, the contents of the error messages are almost always of
interest.  Could you please tell us what they are?

> I couldn't install NFS server packages and PCNFS packages.

It's not quite clear from this statement whether you realize that
PC-NFS is not on the disk.  It's a product of Sun (mumble), and it
costs real money.  FreeBSD will, of course, interface with PC-NFS.
If you're having trouble accessing the FreeBSD machine from the PC-NFS
machine(s), you should check whether you're starting mountd with the
-n option (look at the comments in /etc/sysconfig and /etc/rc for more
details).

Greg
Greg Lehey                       LEMIS
grog@lemis.de			 Schellnhausen 2