Date:      Thu, 21 May 2015 01:41:22 +0300
From:      Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey@gmail.com>
To:        Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Change serial speed on raspberry pi?

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu> wrote:
> I have been experimenting and googling for at least a half hour but am
> getting seemingly nowhere.  Is it possible to make a raspberry pi with a
> serial adapter board run at a speed less than 115200?  I am getting
> serial corruption during uboot and after the system has booted.  My
> usual instinct is to try a slower speed but I have no idea how.  I'd
> like it to work for the uboot environment as well as after the kernel.
> I should try the FreeBSD side of it but I need to switch tasks right
> now.  Can anyone give me a hint?  Is it compiled into uboot?  Thanks.
>
> I have:
> http://www.52pi.com/en/raspberry-pi/56-original-raspberry-pi-bb-plus-accessories-rpi-uart-expand-module-uart-extend-board-.html?
>
> I've tried both I got, on two different pis, with different serial
> adapters and cables.

Not quite sure which side you want to adjust the speed of the port and
at what point.

If side raspberrypi, you seem to help this link for FreeBSD /etc/ttys
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/1094/how-do-you-set-the-uart-speed

If you have a problem and can not be connected in any way, try a
standard number 9600, 57600 ... for cu -s