Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:02:30 -0800
From:      mcomb@softcoin.com
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 and tx2000 compatibility

Apologies for replying to my own thread.  The tx2000 seems to work fine
if I just use it as an IDE adapter, but as soon as I stripe or span the
drives attached to it and reboot I get the crashing behavior described
below.  If anybody has tips for getting this working I'd really
appreciate it.  I've already made sure the RAID controller bios (and
motherboard bios) is up to date.

As a fallback I am wondering if built-in RAID on my motherboard (ABIT
AV8 3rd Eye) is supported?  It is SATA and I don't have any SATA drives
to try it with, but I could probably dig up some adapters if it would
get this working.

Also, for what it is worth, this same controller and drives worked
great on a different 32 bit FreeBSD system for the last year.

-Mike