Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:01:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        wsantee@wsantee.oz.net (Wes Santee)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Activating both PCVT and Syscons drivers

>From the keyboard of Wes Santee:

> Essentially, I want a more rock solid vt220 driver for telnet
> connections, but I'm starting to miss the bevy of IBM-ASCII 8-bit
> characters that the syscons driver affords.
>
> Any help/alternatives appreciated.

Add a new (logical) characterset to pcvt's VT220 emulation, all is already
in place: fonts, mechanisms etc., it just has to be enabled and tested.

To do so, have a look at pcvt_tbl.h and where it is called from, the resulting
table just has to be a noop, because the lower character set is already
IBM charset II :-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe