Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:23:45 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Artem Koutchine <matrix@gerpa.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyboard mappings and lang switch

Well, since i am russian I use russian letters and russian
keyboard map (namenly ru.koi8-r.kbd). Default language
switcher is CAPS-LOCK. I wanted to change this key to
CTRL-SHIFT (this is just becauase i use windows a lot too
and can't type normaly in it after working in freebsd:).
After analyzing the kbd map file format (someone really
should make a littel man on that file) and man keyboard
i understand that it is impossible, since the whole
thing is done using flags field from the structure which
can be set onto to CAPSLOCK or NUMLOCK or both. Am i
right and this is not way out? If yes, are there plans
to modfiy keyboard driver so keyboard mapping and langauge
support can be more flexible?
Artem