Date:      Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:23:53 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: epson r2400/2880 printers on freebsd8.2 amd64

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM, David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone up to date on how to do high quality printing with epson inkjet
> printers (in my case r2400 and r2880) on freebsd8.2 amd64 systems. print/pips*
> reports
> they require 386 and do not compile on amd64.
>
> Thanks in advance for useful pointers

FWIW, I got pipslite (mostly) working with my Epson printer, see this
thread: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=23793
I haven't fixed the last snags with the install yet, so I haven't made
a port of it.

I don't know if your printer is supported. Also don't know if pipslite
does high quality enough.

HTH
--
Regards,