Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 02:43:59 +0900 (JST)
From:      Arizona Coyote <coyote@ratbert.aisol.net>
To:        beef@tht.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail problem with ppp connection

Hi,

Install the "popclient" port (/usr/ports/mail/popclient).  Not
surprisingly, popclient is a POP client.  It will POP your mail from your
ISP account to your mailbox on your FreeBSD box.  Then, you cna read your
e-mail with Pine as usual.

Hope this helps!

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Lanny Baron wrote:

>    Hello,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read this.
>
> I have pine 3.96 installed and dial in via PPP to my ISP. The problem
> is, I can't get my mail from the ISP with pine. I have to use
> a windows based mailer.
>
>  Can some one please tell me how to get pine to pick up my mail from
> the host rather than have to use windows to retrieve mail.
>
> Thank you for any help which you may be able to provide
>
> Lanny

Mark Andres               E-mail: coyote@ratbert.aisol.net
  / 100% Microsoft Free thanks to NetBSD and FreeBSD! \
         Mac Centris 650: NetBSD 1.2-current
        IBM ThinkPad 220: FreeBSD 3.0-current
Macintosh IIcx: NetBSD 1.2.1 | http://bullwinkle.aisol.net/