Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:53:55 -0400
From:      Matthew Harrell <mharrell@std.saic.com>
To:        AIC7xxx List <AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cdrom problems

This sounds just like the message I posted yesterday titled "Missing devices?".
The cdrom that's missing in my case (under 2.1.123 w/5.1.0pre12) is also a
cdr.  If you get anything outside of the list please post it.

Scsi listbot was overheard saying:
: I'm running a 2940u2w and 2.0.35 forgot what patch but its not finding my
: cdr.
:
: (scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra2 SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 8/0
: (scsi0) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 32/255 SCBs
: (scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 407 instructions downloaded
: scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.0pre5/3.2.4
:        <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra2 SCSI host adapter>
: scsi : 1 host.
:   Vendor: PLEXTOR   Model: CD-ROM PX-6XCS    Rev: 1.00
:   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
: Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 2, scsi0, channel 0, id 1,
: lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
:   Vendor: UMAX      Model: Astra 610S        Rev: V1.3
:   Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02
: Detected scsi generic sgb at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 6, scsi0, channel 0, id 4,
: lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
: scsi : detected 1 SCSI cdrom total.
:
: the cdroms are both on the same cable and the scanner is on the ultra
: 68pin port the cdrom and scanner works fine but it doesn't find the cdr
: at all.  I know it works cause it finds it in dos.  Thanks ahead of time
: for anyone that helps me out...

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Behind every great computer sits
  Simulation Technology Division, SAIC      a skinny little geek.