Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:39:02 -0600
From:      Jonathan Horne <freebsd08@dfwlp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I installed FreeBSD, but managed to completely fail at getting the man pages installed.

On Monday 31 December 2007 01:53:15 pm Jim Stapleton wrote:
> Thanks. I feel stupid now (through my own stupidity and not the fault
> of anyone here but me).
>
> I should have looked at that before. I have always done a minimal
> install of FreeBSD (well, for 6.1 and 6.2, didn't use FreeBSD before
> that), and have not had any problems getting the man pages before. Is
> this new, or is my memory going/gone?
>
> -Jim

the man pages all magically appear after a buildworld and upgrade, so you
probably just never noticed in the past.  i only do minimal installs too, and
a while back, i remember i had the same issue.  i had some systems with man
pages, and some systems without.  took me a bit to figure out that the ones
that had them, were all updated, and the ones without, were all 'fresh'
RELEASE installs.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne