Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:07:51 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Smashing Bill Gates necessary?

P. U. (Uli) Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> types:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Perhaps I am becoming a little bit moralistic these days?
> In the gnome-fifth-toe collection I found a little game
> called XBill. Its sense is to smash tiny pictures of Bill
> Gates and some blood will be splattered when you hit him.
>
> Of course Bill Gates can pay enough lawyers to take care of
> this himself, of course I do not have to play this game, of
> course I do not like Microsofts monopolistic business
> strategies and of course smashing icons, burning
> straw-puppets, crosses or flags is not as bad as killing
> real persons, but still I do not really like the idea.
>
> I think it would not be a great loss to take this game out
> of gnome-fifth-toe.

Am I the only one who realized that this this is completely and
totally off-topic for this list?

Ports aren't part of FreeBSD. They are provided as a convenience for
users. If you think some port should be changed, send mail to the
maintainer of the port, which address can be obtained by doing
"make -V MAINTAINER" in the port directory. If you think that some
port is offensive and should be removed, mail the maintainer for that
port, but don't expect much to happen. You're not forced to install any
specific port.

If we removed everything from the ports tree that offended someone,
it would be nearly empty. I mean - I'm offended by the bloat in all
the gnome and kde ports, so we can start with all of those!

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.