Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:35:50 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Peter Didenko <kip@zenon.net>
To:        David Uzzell <duzzell@saintspc.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, David Uzzell wrote:

>I did that but I may have not been clear in first question Where do I asign
>the IP address to the lo0 device or the tun0 device or the ed0 Please help

	I think you wrote about /etc/rc.conf. No ?

	This is strings from /etc/rc.conf file at machine which connecting
when needed to the internet using 'ppp -auto profile' :

network_interfaces="de0 lo0 ppp0"
ifconfig_de0="inet 192.168.9.30  netmask 255.255.255.0"

	You no need to assign IP for dialup interfaces by yourself.
IP address usualy assigned by you ISP aaa server, but you can do it
at /etc/ppp/ppp.conf. Please read man ppp. Search for ifaddr topic.

---
   Best regards, Peter Didenko. KIP3-RIPE. Zenon N.S.P. Moscow, Russia
   Chief of Technical Support Dept., +7 095 251 10 71