Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:35:27 -0600
From:      Mario Beltran <mario@123.hn>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jumping to kernel entry at 0xc0048000 error on boot cd for spacr64

>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to install freebsd 6.0 for my Sun enterprise 220R but I cant.
>>
>> I downloaded two iso files from:
>> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/sparc64/ISO-IMAGES/6.0/6.0-RELEASE-sparc64-disc1.iso
>> and
>> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/sparc64/ISO-IMAGES/6.0/6.0-RELEASE-sparc64-bootonly.iso
>>
>> On booth cds the installation stops in the same step. The complete
>> message is:
>>

>> Sun Enterprise 220R (ultrasparc - II 450 MHz), keyboard present
>> OpenBoot 3.23 1024 MB memory installed, serail #12050420.
>> Ethernet address8:0:21:b7:df:d2, Host ID: 80b7dff2
>>
>> Initializing memory
>> ok boot cdrom
>> boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f file and argrs:
>>
>>  >>FreeBSD/sparc64 boot block
>> boot path: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f
>> boot loader: /boot/loader
>>
>> consoles: open firmware console
>>
>> boot path set to /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:a
>>
>> FreeBSD/sparc64 bootstrap loader, revision 1.0
>> (root@s-dallas.cse.buffalo.edu, wed nov 2 09:45:36 UTC 2005)
>> bootpath="/pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:a"
>> /boot/kernel/kernel data=0x456608+0x5bfa8 syms=[0x8+0x60bd0+0x8+0x511b9]
>> /
>> hit [enter] to boot inmediately, or any key for command prompt.
>> booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...
>> nothing to autoload yet.
>> jumping to kernel entry at 0xc0048000
>>
>> And that is all the system never pass from jumping to kernel entry at
>> 0xc0048000
>>
>> Is this an issue?
>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> What should I do for solve this problem and install freebsd 6.0 in this
>> machine?
>>

>You're probably trying to use a not yet supported graphics card.
>Either plug in a supported one, for the E220R you're only choices
>so far probably are Sun PGX (aka Sun PGX8) and Sun PGX64 as AFAIK
>the chassis doesn't allow to use the UPA slots, or use the serial
>console instead.

Thank you Marius, in fact my graphic card is a raptor fx one. I have tried to use  the serial console but i can not connect it.

And the source box is another 220R box with solaris 8 and work fine because I use it to connect to other server via serial console.

For example I dont have problems to connect to a netra and sunfire boxs consoles

When I try to connect to this 220R nothing happens.

So, I beleave that 220Rīs console dont work. but i dont know how to test it in OBP. Can somebody tell me how to tets it? and solve this problem?

Thanks in advance  :)

Mario